Upgrading the iPhone 3GS to iOS 6.1 while preserving baseband using Jailbreak; a Flowchart
The following flowchart intends to simply the complex procedure of upgrading an iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) to iOS 6.1, while preserving the baseband (modem firmware), so that it can be SIM unlocked once it is jail-broken.
Please use at your own risk, and consult Vinod Yalburgi’s post for further details. It is also possible to use redsn0w 0.9.15b1 instead of sn0wbreeze 2.9.8, but sn0wbreeze 2.9.8 is highly recommended because it automates the creation of the custom firmware, the jailbreaking and the hacktivation. In addition, using redsn0w 0.9.15b1 resulted in the device being stuck in recovery mode.
Note that the flowchart below cannot be direct-linked from this website. For direct-linking, you will have to use this image url, which links to a higher quality flowchart.
What is a techtangerine?
The original tagline of this site was: "Tips, Tricks, DIY, Hacks and Rants by Hamad Subani." Since then, techtangerine has become a place to unload highly original meditations, musings and opinion on the tech world. In a nutshell (or tangerine?) this is about giving back to the web.
Get fresh techtangerine
- Remembering when Tesla Motors was called a Scam
- Interesting Comments on the New Generation F-35 Fighter Plane
- Guess Who Hates the Bitcoin?
- A Redditor Laments on the Destruction of Reddit
- Upgrading the iPhone 3GS to iOS 6.1 while preserving baseband using Jailbreak; a Flowchart
- WordPress and the Shared Hosting Environment
- Continuous Ink Systems Come of Age
- Visualizing WordPress
- Why WordPress should be served Cached
- Subversion for a Casual WordPress User…Promises and Challenges